Monday, May 18, 2015

Life Lessons

BUENAS TARDES FAMILIA!!  I LITERALLY COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY AND PROUD FOR ZACHO!!!! Like seriously it makes me feel so great to know you’ll be able to change people’s lives out in California Bro. You are going to love it. It’s the best thing to help you grow spiritually and you are helping others at the same time so it’s just totally awesome. Keep preparing by reading your scriptures and praying and you’ll be ready to go!! 

Well this week went by fast and I’ve learned a lot! It was great to talk to you all Monday and really helped me out a lot. Last time we talked at Christmas it just made me baggy out of my mind, but this time it helped me a lot to get focused and remember the many reasons for why I am here on the mission. I’m so, so blessed to have such a supportive family and so grateful you guys are always there to support me every step of the way. I couldn’t possibly have been blessed with a more loving and blessed family. I love you guys.

I don’t have too much of the ganas to write this week but I’ll share a little bit of the things I was able to learn!

So this week we were able to have some really powerful lessons and had some real funny activities in the church because it was the week of the family. As a missionary we always work super hard to be able to find the people that want to be baptized and obviously baptizing is our main goal, but helping reactivate people brings a whole bunch of happiness as well and this week we were able to have a sweet experience with a guy named Oscar. He lives with his wife and two kids and they are all members of the church. For the longest time his wife and just one kid have been going to church and they’ve had a few family problems. Like literally, everyone here has family problems and it always makes me so happy because I’ve been blessed with a perfect family (perfect for me). But anyway, we started visiting Oscar because we just really felt he had potential to change so we just like went all out and started passing by like every night to read or just motivate him. Well, this week he put his white shirt and tie on for the first time in a long time and went to church. When we visited him last night he was so happy and couldn’t stop talking about the peace and joy he felt in the church and how much he had missed not going for the past few years. He still has a long way to go but we are starting to make plans with them so they can get sealed in the temple the end of the year. It’s just so sweet because we are saving souls in so many different ways and although baptizing is awesome, reactivating is HQ as well.

Also this week I’ve been able to learn a lot of things from my companion as always. Last week I was a little upset because I was going to be another change with him but I have done my best to change my mind set and work hard to learn the lessons I need to from him, while helping him get his testimony as well. He likes to talk about Nicaragua non stop but I’ve learned that it’s just because he loves his country and his family and I need to help him get that same love for the people here in El Salvador. The people he loves, he loves with every fiber of his being and that is the Christ like trait he can use to have success in his mission. I know if we work hard he will obtain the love he needs for the people here and the rest of the details won’t matter.

This week I have been reading Jesus the Christ like every free second I have and it makes me so happy every time I read it. I didn’t know a ton of the stuff I’ve read and have learned so many amazing things about the life of Christ and the sacrifices he made for us. Before I started reading I didn’t have any idea about how human Christ was and how hard it was for him to go through everything. My relationship with Him has changed entirely and I feel so much closer to Him by learning more about Him. If any of you guys haven’t read the book. Read It. Your love for Christ will change more than you could ever imagine.

That’s all I have time for but ya, I love you guys all so, so much and Zacho, you’re the man bro. You’ll love the mission and I’m so so proud of you! Love you guys!

Elder Crump

(No pics this week :0(  He forgot his camera)


No comments:

Post a Comment