Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day Success

Well... HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO THE BEST MOM IN THE WORLD!! It’s such a blessing I have been given to be raised by a loving mom that has always given everything she can for the well being of her kids. I’m truly grateful that Heavenly Father blessed me with a mom that knows exactly what I need to hear to cheer me up and is consistently there for me when I need comfort. I literally couldn’t ask for a more perfect mother. I hope the day was a good one Mom. I love you past Pluto and back!

This week we were able to celebrate Mother’s Day with all of Buena Vista and it made me think about all of the great woman that influenced me back at home. Here in the branch, the whole church is dominated by women because there are so few priesthood, so it’s awesome to see the power that women can have in guiding and running the church. They may not have the priesthood but they definitely do have power from above to help build the Kingdom of God here on Earth.

We celebrated Mother’s Day by baptizing two mothers and it was one heck of a beautiful day. The Hermana Orbelina was baptized by her son and it was the most precious thing in the world watching them hug after she was baptized. When the service finished the two gave their testimonies and it was amazing to listen to the two of them and the changes that had happened in their lives. Orbelina was so thankful for all we had done for her and that she was now going to be happy for not only this life, but for an eternity with her only son. The Hna Cecilia talked about how she had finally decided to be baptized and how she had grown to love the church and all the sisters in it. It was HQ to say the least.

So I don’t really have time and I’m just gonna talk to you all tonight, so have a great week and we will chat it up in a little while! Love you guys!

Elder Crump

Apparently he's doing plenty of walking.

Mother's Day baptisms.

Hermana Orbelina and Hermana Cecilia

Homemade fries and fry sauce - what a cook!
He said it was divine :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment