Monday, April 25, 2016

S'mores, Campfires and Testimonies

Hey Family,

I’m happy to be able to write again this week. I can’t seem to get a grasp on the fact that I’m heading in to my last two changes here. It’s definitely really hard to think about! The good thing is that I have been able to enjoy everything this week.

So for starters, miracle man Francisco is still doing amazing! He went to church again and went to a bunch of church activities we had. We were finally able to get him one of the super big BofMs so that has helped his progress to become a lot quicker. He was so incredibly happy to hold the book in his hands and I’m like, ‘So you are going to read tomorrow right?’ He’s like ‘No, I’m going to read right now!’ Well great, haha! So things are still good to go for the 7th and his baptism.

On Saturday we had a cool ward activity. Somehow it just got shoved on us to plan everything but it was ok with me because we had some things we wanted to teach. So Mom sent me a CTR game that is like Chutes and Ladders, which we used, but we used it to teach from the Intro of the BofM. We had a contest to answer questions I had chosen about the BofM and it was an HQ time. The best part was that all the members realized how much of a need they have to actually find out what the BofM really is and what it means for their lives. Afterward we had a bonfire and roasted marshmallows. For a majority of the people there, it was a first for marshmallow roasting, so almost all of them turned out to be 11 year old scout quality. Burnt to the core. It was a fun activity to do with the ward though and helped them get to know the investigators we are teaching.

As I said before, we have problems with the water a lot here so this week we finally started using our pila. Which is where you store water to use when it goes out. Everyone in El Salvador uses one. So anyways, ours is really nice and inside the house but the night after filling it up, I go to get water out and practically grab this lizard thing just chillin’ there! It scared the heck out of me but my comp got a good laugh. It was just swimming around in there so I had to bash its head against the wall to kill it. Worst part was that all the water we stored up got mixed with a bunch of blood, haha!

Ran out of time... Ugh. Well until next week folks. Love you all so so much. Have a nice spiritual week! SALUUUU

Elder Crump 

The extra large Book of Mormon.



First time marshmallow roasters :0)







Not sure what/where this is...



The lizard from the pila :0(




No comments:

Post a Comment