Monday, May 23, 2016

Peace be unto thy soul...

Family!!! Wow I just love you all so much. I can’t believe it's time to write again.

This week just flew by but we were able to have some good experiences. The finding part of the mission just never ends, and this week wasn’t that great but the good thing is that there’s always next week! It was sweet though because we were able to have all the converts in the area at church this week which is super hard to achieve. I love retention work and it’s so satisfying to be able to teach all the deep doctrine to the converts once they get baptized.

So I just have to say that the Summerhill Ward has got to be the best ward in all of Utah. Thanks for sending the package and the letter.  It’s the best spiritual boost when you get things like that. Beef Jerky here is like gold, so thanks a bunch!

Ugh, already out of time... alright so super fast…a girl we are teaching named Marcela wants to get baptized but we need the parent’s signature. So we talked to her and put the date for June but then had to go talk to the mom. The mom is a member but hasn’t gone to church in like 18 years. So we tried like 4 times to talk to her and set up appointments with members and things but nothing ever worked out and she just kind of avoided us. So finally Sunday it was kind of like a last straw sort of thing and we went to her house to ask for the permission. I have taught way too many teenagers here on the mission that want to get baptized but the parents never let them, so I was real nervous going into the lesson. I don’t know why but I was just so scared for what was going to happen and I just wanted to teach perfectly so that Marcela could prepare to be baptized. So right before we go in, I’m just sweating bullets and said a small prayer in my head to help me out. And just said ‘Heavenly Father, help me be an instrument in your hands’... So then I just felt the warmest feeling come over me that just said, ‘Don’t worry about it. I have everything under control!’ So we went in, taught the lesson, got the permission and now Marcela will be baptized in the coming weeks. What a blessing we have to be comforted and guided by the Holy Ghost. Got to love it.

Well I’m out folks, love ya lots!!!!

Elder Crump


Sometimes you're just desperate for investigators,
so caballos it is!"



The fence sitter at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment