Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Birthday America!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!! 

Can’t believe the date on my watch says the 4th of July... It’s insane to think that it’s my last week in the mission. Hard to think my time is coming to an end but it just gives me a lot of desires to work and give it my all these last few moments. My goal is to contact all of the houses in my area before I leave and share with them the best Restoration message I’ve got! I really want to leave the area of Manantiales better than I found it, so this week we will need to work our guts out. Reflecting on things just makes my head hurt so I just want to work, work and work some more! 

This past week the divorce of a lady that has been waiting for quite some time finally went through so she accepted to be baptized at the end of the month. Her husband has been member his whole life and just recently started going again so it will be sweet to have another strong family in the ward.

The coolest thing that happened this week was that I got to do the interview of a guy that had had many problems with the law of chastity and really wanted to get baptized. He had problems with adultery for a long time but the missionaries had helped him start to get ahold of things. He had his date planned for this week and was all ready but then told the sisters he had some problems still. So I did the interview and explained that what he had done was awhile ago and that he hadn’t known the missionaries yet, so I set goals with him to repent and have a long chat with his wife, obviously. The happiness on his face when he found out he could actually get baptized was just priceless and it was awesome to see the affect of the Atonement in his life. The redeeming power of the Atonement is real people. It’s the best feeling in the world knowing that we can receive forgiveness of our sins. Seeing that change in people is the greatest blessing ever.

Literally never have time but well... in a week we can talk all day about what goes on here! Love ya all!

Elder Crump

Matthew and another elder weed eating with a machete (chapiando).







No comments:

Post a Comment