Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Hump Day in the CCM!


         I can't believe my time here is already half way over!! It seems like just yesterday I was saying goodbye to my lovely family in the airport!! Mission life is the best life. There is absolutely no doubt about it!! This week was quite an eventful one. So here is a little of what happened.

- First off, on P day of last week we got to go into downtown Guatemala City to go on a mini tour and stuff! It was amazing! It felt so nice to just finally walk somewhere outside the gates! Haha! We went to a relief map that is in the city that is a map of the entire country made back in the early 1900's. It’s insane how accurate it is considering they did it all riding a horse and using old surveying equipment. We also visited this crazy market which was quite the experience. I obviously bought something within five minutes. A Guatemalan National Soccer Team Jersey!

- We had a talk about asking questions in our life. Joseph Smith was the greatest example of this because in everything he wasn’t sure of, he would ask God. This is what the entire D&C pretty much is. Cool thing to think about.

- We have district and zones here in the CCM and I am the District Leader. I don't really like being responsible for other people’s difficulties at times, but hey, you do what you have to!

- One of the Elders in our district had a big kidney stone this week, which he’s never had before. He reminds me a lot of my brother because he’s a strong, loving guy, who plays football and such. It was so sad because he was bawling as he was being taking to the hospital... they ended up having to do surgery to remove it. Cool part of it all was the priesthood blessing he received from his companion. It was such a powerful moment.

- I read about the sons of Mosiah this week in my scripture study and it’s just so reassuring to know that even though you have lived anything but a perfect life, you can still be an awesome missionary. Just like Ammon, my favorite BofM hero. He led thousands away from the church but brought many more back unto it throughout the rest of his life.

- We were teaching an "investigator" a few days ago and she was telling us she got revelation to live with her boyfriend, didn't like going to church at all, couldn't get answers to her prayers, all while chugging coffee. Good practice I suppose!

- We had the privilege of watching the most amazing devotional by Elder Bednar that he gave to the MTC a few Christmases ago. Never before have I had a talk hit me so hard, and answer so many of my prayers at one time. It was literally the best talk I have ever heard. One of my favorite parts was him talking about gaining a testimony and saying " The witness one can receive through the power of the Holy Ghost far transcends that of the 5 senses". It’s just awesome knowing that we have the gift to feel in our heart that Christ is our Savior. We have something better than seeing or hearing him. Amazing stuff!!

         That’s about it for the week, besides that I got the most amazing scripture case ever down here. I can't stop thinking about how awesome it is, haha!  But I hope everyone has a fabulous week! I love all you guys and am so grateful for all your prayers and the love you show for me! I love being a missionary. It is the best gift God has given me!

Love
Elder Crump

Sunset as Matthew was leaving Salt Lake.

Looking towards the temple from the Guatemala CCM.

Shopping in Guatemala City with his companion,
Elder Craig.  Matthew loves this guy!!

Guatemala CCM District

No comments:

Post a Comment