Monday, October 13, 2014

Final week of this change (my comp heads home)


         And thus my first change out in the field is over! It’s insane that it’s already come and gone. Time is insane down here! So here are a few cool things of the week...
         This week we fasted for one of our investigators named Daniel Sossa. The one I talk with about soccer a lot. He is totally ready to be baptized but doesn’t feel totally ready. So we decided to fast for him and for some reason it was, legit, one of the hardest things for me. We were walking around all day and I was on the verge of passing out the whole time. It was rough. So he was the last appt for the day and so we were just praying we would be able to put a date with him... well he didn’t accept one at all. It was super sad. After we left I was walking and talking with my companion and it was really weird because I like wasn’t mad at all. Normally people would be pretty frustrated if they did all that for nothing, but really I was just sad for him is all. It’s cool how the mission changes you.
         Random thing I think you guys might want to hear. The bottom third of my planner, in my front pocket is like always drenched. Why you might ask? Because I’m sweating like no other all the time here. Hooray for humidity!
         We gave this Hermana in our district a blessing this week and it was a really, really cool experience. As soon as my companion and I laid our hands on her head I could just feel her faith. We have given a lot of blessings before but you just can’t feel the power as much. It was just super sweet to feel the faith that the Hermana had in the priesthood and it made me realize and hope that I have that same faith.
         I have been having a hard time staying motivated throughout the days here. I think there are a few different reasons for this but primarily I feel it’s because I don’t have the love for the people that I should have. People usually say it’s super easy to love the people you are serving but It definitely isn’t coming so easily for me. It’s not like I don’t like the people here in the slightest. They are awesome. I just don’t feel like I have the pure Christ like love I really should have. Hopefully this week I will be able to improve because it is really starting to take a toll on me. I just don’t have that intense desire to serve every day....
         So I’m killing my companion in two days and will be getting a new one. It’s crazy how fast our time together went. But I can say that I am extremely glad for the time I have had to work with him. He has taught me so much and has been a great example of so many important things on the mission. It really makes me sad he’s leaving. Luckily I will be able to see him again in a little less than two years from now! He’s a really cool guy!! Hopefully my new comp is half as cool as him!

That’s it for the week. Thanks for everything you guys do for me. You’re the best. Have a great week!!

Elder Crump


District

Math's Comp :0)



No comments:

Post a Comment