Monday, December 8, 2014

December, say what?



Well I seriously cant believe its already December! Yikes time really does fly! But today would be the very special day for my awesome sister Cami!! Feliz Cumpleaños Hermana Crump!! You are such a great example to me and I have always looked up to you so much! I know you have brought tons of people to the gospel in Argentina and they will be forever grateful for all you have done. I really can’t express in words how much of a blessing it has been to have an older sister like you! So finish strong and see you soon!! Love ya!!

So this week was just dandy. We taught a lot of really good lessons and have quite a bit of investigators that are coming along nicely...

First off this week we continued to visit the sister that already hates me a ton for cleaning my hand... and the first time we went to visit her I just had a grudge really and didn’t really say much during the lesson. I felt suuuper bad afterward and promised myself that I would try to be better next visit. Four days later we went back and I tried so hard to be the nice, forgiving missionary I should be and it made a huge difference! All of her 7 kids are just in love with me now (it probably helped that I gave them cookies) haha, but ya, our lesson went way better and she’s on track to be baptized again, which is awesome! So ya, that was a cool lesson I learned of getting over things that really don’t matter in the long run!

Here in Nahuizalco there is a member that owns a Pupuseria so you know what that means...? FREE pupusas all day every day!!! It’s so sick! We just stop by there every night and get like 4 or 5 pupusas! Such a blessing! (Mom’s note: a pupusas is a traditional El Salvadoran food. It is a cornmeal tortilla that is filled with a blend of cheese, cooked pork or chicken, or refried beans. See pictures below).

Where we work in Pushtán there is a great view of the surrounding area and it’s pretty sweet because you can see tons of mountains & volcanoes and the ocean! It’s just a massive blue blob out there! Haha.

My companion and I get along really well and we teach our lessons quite smoothly together which is great! In addition he doesn’t steal my food or stay up till midnight every night so everything is just gravy!!

Also this week we are working on contacting references of a sister in the ward and we found this teenage boy named Miguel. He is 17 and, boy oh boy, was he prepared for us! We just start teaching like we usually do with new investigators and teach about Christ and his plan for us... My companion then asks, “Do you have any questions?” and Miguel says, “Ya I want to serve a mission like you guys, what do I need to do?” Me: “Well first you need to be baptized, are you willing to do that?” Him: “Oh, umm ya that would be good wouldn’t it. When can I be baptized?” My companion and I: HALLELUJAH!!!!!! hahaha So ya hopefully if everything goes well he will be baptized by the end of the month!

Just in case you all are wondering, it is indeed winter here and still 90+ degrees every fetching day... We walk to our area in like 30 mins and when I finally get there, I’m drenched head to toe. It’s just pure happiness.

Spiritually wise this week, I was sitting in a lesson thinking to myself. I haven’t felt the spirit very strongly for a while now. I wonder what I am doing wrong... so we leave that lesson and go and find this lady that’s in her house. Five minutes into the conversation she’s just crying a whole bunch and saying how all these people in her life have passed away recently. We starting teaching little parts of the Plan of Salvation and it just hit me like a huge wave of spiritual awesomeness that our message is exactly what this lady needs in her life and the Holy Ghost really is guiding us. HQ moment for sure.

That’s about all I have time for this week. Love all you. Miss you lots, especially during the Christmas season! I’ll miss all the fun things up there! Hope you guys are all enjoying your nice Christmas festivities! Love you guys!!

Elder Crump

A stream Matthew crosses everyday on his way out to his area.

Area around Pushtan.

Area around Pushtan 

The Santa Ana Volcano by moonlight.

Pupusas

Pupusas

No comments:

Post a Comment