Monday, August 10, 2015

No time...

For those of you who read today's blog earlier, here is Matthew's actual letter that he sent later in the day;

Well Fam, I don’t have much time to write this week, I was thinking that I wouldn’t be able to write at all but I have a few minutes so I just wanted to tell you about a miracle that happened Saturday night..

So I’m now in Aldea in Zona Paraiso.  This will be my first change that I’m actually in Santa Ana so that’s sweet! My companion is Elder Bonilla from Honduras. He is going to die this change so that will make things interesting! He is super animated though and is easily one of the best missionaries in the entire mission. He teaches extremely well and I’m stoked to be with him this change.

The miracle that happened, so I got here and had to do an interview in another area.  The thing is that my comp couldn’t do it because I couldn’t stay in the area because I’m new here. So mom, I WAS sick this day but I’m totally better now so don’t even worry. Anyways, this lady was going to be baptized Sunday and hadn’t been interviewed yet, so we had to do the interview Saturday night, without exception. Anyways, I went to this area to do the interview, we get there and of course, a down pour starts and the bus that takes us there never came. Sooo we got to walk. I ended up walking like 30 minutes in the rain, being super sick and about to die, but at least we got to the house. I was able to do the interview, the hermana past her interview and ended up getting baptized yesterday. But anyways, after the interview we are leaving and I just felt totally miserable. So we start walking and I’m like ‘Elder, there is no way I’m gonna make it all the way back to the house. We are gonna have to sleep with a member or something because I’m dying.’ We just continued walking a little and in my heart I said a little prayer and said, ‘Heavenly Father, this lady needed her interview, and it’s done now, but I’m not gonna be able to get back to the house on my own, please just help me...’ About 30 seconds after, a little micro bus passes by, passes us, then suddenly stop and asks us if we want a ride. It was so amazing! It was such a blessing knowing that God is always watching over us especially in times of need.

That’s all I really have time for, but everything is perfect here in El Salvador. The mission is the best thing in the world. I’m so proud of my brother that now wears the same name tag as me. What a blessing.

Love ya fam!!



These two pictures were taken on transfer day at the mission home.

With Elder Bonilla

I have no idea who these other elders are :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment