Monday, September 8, 2014

El Primer Dia en el Campo...


Familia!
         I can’t believe my mission life has already started!! Boy how time flies! The drive over to Santa Ana was just grand... only took like three hours so that was nice! The first night we slept with the APs and had a very nice dinner in the President’s home. His house is like nicer than majority of the houses back in the states. Wednesday morning everything got started and I got my new companion and area!!
     My companion is Elder Johansen from guess where.... Riverton Utah!!! I actually knew him two years ago as a matter of fact! He ran Cross Country for Riverton and I remember playing Gator Ball with him numerous times back in school! He is one heck of an awesome guy and it has been such a blessing to be his companion! I will end up killing him because this is his last transfer... quite sad I know... but I am very grateful for these six weeks I will have with him! He is really motivated, speaks perfect Spanish, and can share a powerful testimony, so it's great!
    My new area is Tazumal in Chalchuapa. They just barely created the fourth area... Tazumal 4... so we have a whole bunch of new investigators already!! The people here are all really nice and I am excited to share the gospel with them. I bore my testimony in sacrament meeting yesterday, which was quite nerve racking but I think I did all right, so that’s good! I’ve slowly started teaching more and more of our lessons but its just really difficult to understand what the people are saying because they talk insanely fast and use a whole ish-load of slang words! But in time, probably a ton of time, I will understand what they are saying!!
   I don’t have much more time but I am super excited to be serving the people in my area and I know the gospel can change the lives of many of the families we have been talking to. I love sharing my testimony with them and I pray all the time for them! Hopefully the work continues to go well!! I am grateful for all the Lord has given me and am glad I can repay Him in a small way by serving a mission!! I love you all and hope you have a great week!!

Elder Crump
 
Leaving the CCM district

Tazumal, Chalchuapa

New companion, Elder Johansen.
Matthew loves him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment