Monday, September 14, 2015

Mission Life 14-9-15

Hello once again family! Another week down and out and things just keep rollin’ here in Paraiso! Today in the afternoon we have a zone activity so I don’t have time to write... as usual, haha. But still some real sweet things happened so here it goes.

Jose got baptized on Saturday and we were able to complete his family, which was amazing! The missionaries have been teaching him almost 6 months now so it was truly a miracle that he was able to do it! He is such a pilas convert that even the Stake President came to the baptismal service! Haha. The family has fasted every weekend with us and we were all able to see the blessings for the sacrifices! Hopefully they can be to the temple a year from now!

Another true miracle this week was when I went on an interchange two weeks ago with an Elder that was having a lot of problems in his area so I went to help him out a bit. We went to an appointment really far away and the person wasn’t there and the Elder was super upset because he had nothing else planned.  So I just started looking around and walked a bit and found a guy playing football (soccer) and felt I should talk to him.  Turns out missionaries had taught him before but he didn’t want to be baptized. We taught him a lesson, he went to church that next Sunday, and now, two weeks later, I went and did his baptism interview. He passed it, and was baptized yesterday. It was crazy to see how fast people progress and how God literally directs us in every single step we take on the mission!

My companion and I ate a grand total of 56 pupusas this week!

Last thing for the week, tomorrow we have changes and my comp will be headed to his house so I’ll let you all know next Monday who my comp is! Elder Bonilla has taught me more than any other missionary here in the mission and it really has been a huge blessing to be with him for these 6 weeks!

That’s all folks, until next week! Love ya all!

Elder Crump


At Jose's baptism on Saturday.

Matthew, Jose & Elder Bonilla

Jose & his family.

The Paraiso Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment