Monday, September 21, 2015

Visión de Bautizar

Family. You guys are awesome. Just thought I would let you know. The mission is awesome too. Just so you know, haha. We had changes this week and I got my new companion, Elder Calero from Masaya, Nicaragua! He has 18 months in the mission and is already one of my favorite comps. We get along super well and have already had some real sweet spiritual lessons! He has been a member all his life and also has a sister that’s older that went on a mission. So that’s cool too! I’m excited to work with him this change and I know we are going to have a lot of success!

This week was a little hard because Hna Esmeralda was going to be baptized Saturday but didn’t want to do it because of so much pressure from her family. Her family has been fasting and praying so she doesn’t do it, which makes it hard for her. They are doing literally everything possible so she doesn’t get baptized. We are trying to counter that with the members here and using them to support her so hopefully she can overcome it all and be baptized this week!

I slept for three hours Friday night sitting down at my desk trying to read “Jesus the Christ”. It’s a good book, I was just tired, haha.

Umm, well... we had a little council with President Spjut this week to talk about what we could do so that the mission can have more success, and what the real problem is for us as missionaries is that we focus too much on numbers and not on people. Missionaries start their day hoping to teach 4 lessons with a member just so that their leaders don’t get mad at them at night. Or so they can be on the leader board in the lessons count. But the mission doesn’t work like that. We baptized and we baptize for love of the people here. Everything we do is to be able to help people change. Not for our own glory, but for the glory of God. It’s taken me more than a year to understand that but I’m finally starting to grasp the concept!

I love you all so so much, and hope you can always live the gospel and find the happiness you need through it! I know this is the only true church on the earth and I’m so grateful to share that message with the people here! Have a marvelous week!

Elder Crump


 
Playing Tarzan last pday.

With his new companion, Elder Calero from Nicaragua.
No, Matthew is not a giant :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment