Monday, January 11, 2016

"It's a Great Day to be a Miner" (In honor of Gpa Crump)

Buenos Dias mi querida familia...

Hearing about Grandpa Crump and everything was pretty rough for me but, luckily enough, we have so much to do that I haven’t been able to think about it much. The reality is that Grandpa Crump taught me one thing; If I’m gonna do something, I’m going to do it right the first time, and give it everything I’ve got. Everyday in the mission is so hard to not just slack off a tiny bit and relax for a second. But what Gpa taught me, by example, is if I’m going to be here, I’m going to give it every last bit of effort I can. I’m sure he is doing the same thing in the Spirit World right now. You’ll have to record all the stuff from the funeral to send to me!

Well, first things first! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE BROTHER!! Turning 19 already, yikes! What a better way to celebrate the day this Thursday than by working in the Lord’s vineyard! Hopefully the day goes well for ya and the members give you at least a little bit of cake and stuff! Birthdays in the mission are well.... one of a kind but I’m sure the day will treat you well. Having my bro reppin’ the Crump name in Cali is one of the greatest blessings. So keep giving it your all man!

Alrighty folks, this week we had a bit of improvement with things and the work. We were able to have a baptism date to finish the week, so that was great. Sister Ana also went to church for the first time, so that was a miracle. We just want to take the rest of the family next week now! We also had our leadership meeting for the month and it was awesome because we got to do it in President’s house for the first time! I’ll send some pictures.

So this week I went to do an interview in Nahui and I was really excited because it was an awesome kid and I always learn in interviews.  Anyways, I was talking to him and he asked me a bunch of stuff about keeping the Sabbath day holy. I started to explain all the doctrine. He asked me, ‘What about playing soccer?’ I told him I played soccer some at home but knew it was important not to play on Sunday, so I never did. And so I invited him to stop playing and things... well, then he says, ‘Can I watch soccer or other sport games on Sunday?’ I’m like ‘No...you aren’t suppose to.’ but then when I started to explain and testify... I just couldn’t. It was really weird. And all I could manage to say was that he would have to talk to the elder that was teaching him... He said he would ask him and that was that. But it really hit me after and I felt bad. It was like the movie of Preparing to be a Missionary by Elder Holland where the kid goes out on the mission and has the moment to testify but the words just choke in his mouth and he can’t do anything. Lucky for me, it wasn’t anything serious, but it’s true. We literally can’t testify of something we haven’t lived. It’s impossible. The words just won’t leave when we try to talk. I watched football and soccer on Sundays so I couldn’t tell this kid to not do it either. I just want to invite you all to live worthily so you can testify of ALL the gospel principles there are. Because only then will you have power in your words to convince others.

The mission life is a life of miracles.  So the miracle of this week was that we were teaching Ana with her daughter this week and had left a BofM and she read 3 Nephi 11. Before we had taught her about the restoration but she totally rejected it.. and wouldn’t stop saying she KNEW that we needed to baptize babies. So anyways, we decided to teach her at least a little of the BofM and stuff before dropping her because she would at least always receive us when we would visit. Anyway we are reading a bit of 3 Nephi 11 and a member is just like ‘Alright Hermana Ana, read these verses’, which were those that talk about the exact way to baptize and things. Ana read all the verses and the member just shares an awesome testimony and tells her, with love, that the doctrine of baptism is what she read, nothing more and nothing less. And Ana just sits there listening and says... ‘Yeah I believe all that.’ I’m just like ‘WHAT!?! What did you just say???’ haha, I couldn’t believe what she was saying. She was so adamant that we needed to baptize babies and all that stuff just a week ago, and now she’s just like ‘Yeah, I get that. I believe it. If I can get married to my husband, I’ll get baptized. And I’ll go to church this week as well.’ And well, she went! It was such a miracle with the BofM and the power of the scriptures. It just blew my mind away!

I gotta head out for a zone activity but love ya all, good luck at the funeral this weekend. Stay classy family!


Elder Crump


With Elder Leiva.



Mission Leader Conference (Elders)



No comments:

Post a Comment