Monday, January 25, 2016

Special Witness of Christ

Well folks, it’s Monday again so it seems I’ll have to fill you in on this week’s events.

My companions and I get along really well. I thought it would be a lot harder to be in a trio but I actually like it a lot. We are always laughing and having fun and overall it’s helped me to be more excited about the work. The only downside is that Elder Alberca is going to leave in two more weeks so our time is short. The best part of it all is that the area were Elder Alberca was, is without missionaries, so we aren’t supposed to go contact to find new people there... but we are allowed to go visit the members that give us dinner :) haha!

So in our area we are struggling a ton to find new people to teach. My area is like the size of our ward back at home and it really seems like everyone is less active and doesn’t want anything to do with the church, or has already heard the missionaries like 100 times before. We are working on finding new ways to find people.  But something funny that happened was we were contacting houses one night and my comps just like, ‘One more house then we will go home’...I’m just like ‘Ok man, sounds good!’ So we go to a house and the yard in front is pretty big, but we yell BUENAS!! And the lady just shouts ‘Come right in!!’ My comp gives me a grin like, Ya I told you so...I just shake my head. We walk in and they are having a little cult with like 5 people. We sit down and I’m like ‘Dude, let’s get out of here.’ But he’s like ‘Just wait.’ So the lady starts giving this huge sermon and is like screaming in our faces about the Bible and who knows what else... so I tell her we have to go but she’s like ‘NO! We need to pray for you.’ I said that was ok and so they all get down on their knees and start praying. Praying here is that everyone shouts random stuff that hardly makes sense all at the same time. But the lady that was the preacher starts going and then while we are praying, walks over to my comp and puts her hands on his head, and the rest of the people in the room followed. They came to me and then finished with Elder Alberca. And with each one they gave us a special blessing. It’s hard to describe how it all went down but it was the weirdest thing ever. To be blessed by an 80 year old lady speaking with the gift of tongues as they say.... once in a lifetime experience for sure!

The sweet thing that happened this week was that Elder Quentin L. Cook came to visit us and I was able to see Dallen Howell again. (A tri-mission conference, all three El Salvador missions).  He is still out in San Miguel. But Elder Cook talked to us for a good while in the church by the temple, same with the rest of the general authorities. But anyway the meeting was coming to a close and Elder Cook started to tell us about how a guy asked him once why they weren’t more direct in the testimony that they share with people. He explained to us that as it says in PMG that sometimes things that happen are sacred and it’s not something that we just go around sharing with everyone. But he’s like, ‘After that moment I have decided to be more direct about my testimony.’ So he then shared his testimony of Christ and said some stuff that just blew my socks off. I felt the spirit so strong and even though I have heard apostles speak a million times before, I knew that he literally was a special witness of Jesus Christ. The spirit was just so so strong in the room and everyone fell dead silent. He finished and we sang Called to Serve, and wow! It was such a special experience. It was just something that made me know that Christ really is at the head of the Church. He guides it in every little thing. The apostles are called by him to testify to the entire world, and we represent them as missionaries. I KNOW that the organization of the church is perfect and that our leaders are called of God. It’s something that the spirit showed me in such an amazing way.

That’s all the time I have, but I love you all a lot. Life is crazy, stressful, hard, and challenging but, it’s awesome. I wouldn’t want to be anything different right now in my life except a representative of our Lord Jesus Christ. Have a great week!

Elder Crump


At the falls again.






I suspect these are the elders in his district.


With Elder Dallen Howell.



San Salvador Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment