Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday Miracles

Ahhh... well family, it’s been one crazy week for us here in Juayúa but I can still honestly tell you guys that I love being a representative of Jesus Christ. We have been contacting people like crazy this last couple weeks and I have come up with literally a million ways to start conversations with people and start to teach the simple principles of the gospel. It really has strengthened my personal testimony of the truths we teach as missionaries. Talking about the BofM, living prophets, temples, the priesthood, etc... really helps you to feel that the restoration of the gospel is true. We were contacting for an hour and we even got rejected by 6 kids that are like trained by their parents to lie to us. Everyone in our little area knows the missionaries and it’s funny what the parents do so that they don’t have to talk to us.

This week something extremely difficult happened here in the ward. Brother José Gonzalez died in an accident. He is the uncle of the little girl we just baptized last week. He has been a member for his entire life and it was extremely hard for me to get ahold of. He was less active when I came and we had visited him a lot. His problem is that he wasn’t married with the lady he lived with but he really did have a desire to change. He had gone four Sundays in a row and was finally starting to turn his life around when all this stuff happened and he died on Saturday. People always say here, ‘You never know when this life is going to end!’ and well, it’s totally true. Life can end in an instant. We have to be ready to live with God again at any moment of our life. We really can’t say next week I will try to change this around because it could be too late.

So this week I have been really stressed with all the goals and stuff that our President gave us, and one night I just couldn’t take it anymore. So I started reading a talk that mom sent me from Elder  Holland. It talks about life lessons we can learn from Liberty jail. I really liked the talk but the best part was at the end of the talk, where it shares a scripture in DC section 123 verse 17. The scripture is the following:
Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.

Well, in Spanish the scripture is a ton better... as is so with the majority of the scriptures out there, haha, but the scripture really did help me out a lot. I know what I am capable of doing and I just need to give it my all. And I have to do it CHEERFULLY. That is the key. That is what I lack a lot of the times. Is to just be happy. So this week I am going to work with all my heart, might, mind, and strength and then I can stand still, know that God will show his arm or power within my area.

Love you lots family. I’m the most blessed person in the world to call you my family! Have a fabulous week!

(The last pic with Elder Alberca before he left, all the elders in the zone, and the temple when we went, which was the last time I was able to go before I go home! Yikes haha)

Elder Crump


At the temple with Elders Alacan and Alberca.







Juayua Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment