Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Weekend

Hello there family!

This week went by so incredibly fast that, too be honest, I don’t even remember what happened.

We did go to the temple with all our investigators, which was sweet. The whole town of Atiquizaya was in fiestas because of Semana Santa. They make super cool sand drawings all over in the streets, but I didn’t have my camera until the nighttime so the pictures didn’t really turn out that well. It’s super different how they celebrate Easter here but at least they are remembering Christ when they do it! We continue to teach a lot of different people and are having a good amount of success. We hope to be able to put a few baptism dates this week with people that are going to church and reading the BofM.

Just something really quick that I liked this week. I was studying with my companion about the importance of the Book of Mormon in missionary work and why our testimony is so critical. He has never read the BofM before so we are dedicating a ton of time to reading it so that he can be able to testify to others. While reading it he just gets so happy for every new scripture he finds that he can share with other people and it’s really helped me a lot. A lot of times I read and it’s just like, ya I already knew about that verse. Heard that before. But it’s just motivated me so much to have that joy of finding scriptures for the first time. Having that hunger to learn new things and be enlightened by the Spirit. I know the majority of you guys have read the same scripture in the BofM 100+ times but if you can just think of the very first time you discovered those things, your daily experience while studying really changes. The stories and words in the book may be the same, but our lives are never the same, and that’s what matters most.

Wednesday we were in the street and a guy was pushing his car up the road, so obviously we decided to help him out a little. So he put one foot inside the driver’s seat, with one foot outside to push, and my comp and I pushed from the back. So we start pushing super hard and the car gets going. The problem was that the guy couldn’t keep up with how fast the car was going and didn’t jump in the car in time. So he like leaps to get in, doesn’t make it at all and cans it in the middle of the road (luckily the car didn’t run him over).  But the car just started hauling and we couldn’t do anything to stop it. So it went up the curb and ran into an electric post. Luckily it didn’t make that big of a dent. My comp then runs over to help the guy get up but then just falls over again. And I’m just standing there like wow, what good helpers we are! Haha. 

I can’t wait this weekend to be able to listen to all the General Conference talks. I hope you guys all prepare yourselves to receive personal revelation in your lives. We are the only church with living apostles on the earth so we better take advantage of it!

Love you all!!

Elder Crump


Here are a few general pictures of Atiquizaya:







Playing hockey on pday.




Chalk Street Drawing in Atiquizaya.



More chalk drawings.








No comments:

Post a Comment